WHAT YOU NEED (Serves 4)
- 700g Chicken Thigh, Cut into 2 cm thick pieces
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Chopped
- 1Tbsp picked Thyme
- 1 Zucchini, Grated
- 1/2 Cup White Wine
- 250g Lasagne Sheets, Cut in Squares and Triangles
- Olive Oil
- Shaved Parmesan to serve
FOR THE PESTO
- 3 Cups Shredded Kale
- 1/2 Cup Toasted Walnuts
- 1 Clove Garlic
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan
- 1/3 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. For the Pesto, steam the shredded kale for 1 minute, rinse under cold water, drain. Take handfuls of kale and squeeze out the excess water.
2. Place the cooked kale in a food processor and add all other ingredients for the pesto, season with salt and pepper and blitz till well combined.
3. Place a medium pot of water on to boil with plenty of salt. Cook the Lasagne Sheets until they start to rise above the hot boiling water.
4. Meanwhile, heat 1 Tbsp Oil in a large frypan, add the chicken and cook on medium heat for about 6 minutes till just cooked through.
Add the garlic and thyme and cook for 1 minute. Add grated zucchini and white wine and cook for 30 seconds.
5. Once the pasta has cooked, drain well, reserving 1/4 cup of pasta water. Add the pasta and kale pesto to the cooked chicken,
drizzle in a little of the pasta water and toss till well combined. Check seasoning, divide between bowls and serve with extra shaved parmesan and cracked black pepper.
Served! Kale Pesto, alongside grated Zucchini, adds plenty of green with a good portion of protein coming from both Chicken and the Walnuts.